Small Biz Matters – a half hour program each week where you can work ON your business rather than IN it.
with Alexi Boyd from Boyd Office Management Services on 17 April 2018
The Cloud. We get it, we use it. We count on it.
Every day when operating as a small businesses we rely heavily on the cloud and internet storage. We assume it’s safe, secure and backed up SOMEWHERE. We assume it’s available anytime and reliable and we assume the content we produce is ours to do with what we wish. But we’re not careful enough.
But like all things (except death and taxes as they say) you can’t be sure of it. You need to be in control with this extremely important tool of your trade. What if you can’t find an important document? What if the storage you relied on suddenly wasn’t there? What if you never backed up?
Well today we have on the show another great expert; Gunnar Habitz to help us navigate through the complexities of Cloud storage but like always on Small Biz we’ll make sure you have practical strategies to ensure you take control.
Topics we’ll be covering:
- Cloud overall
- Cloud storage vs. cloud backup comparing different tools
- How does a typical IT setup of Small Biz Owners look like
- Who should provide help
- How long to keep data
- How and how often to get data back
- Why isn’t all safe in the cloud
- Why storing in Australia is important (Dropbox stores in the US)
- The CEO view: Business Continuity and Risk Management instead of just backup
- Cyber insurance
- Ransomware attacks
- Example case of a disaster that really happened
- What about the new “Notifiable Data Breach” law in Australia
- What to backup how
- Practical tips
- How to get attention for the topic